6GrIH3eP_sxj8t4a2uKFyukvGuANOXzzVDh_HAXCwBM" />" />" />" />" />

WHERE'S THE DRAMA?

The stuff that dreams are made of

Music

Forum Home > Music without lyrics > Experienced composer looking for film projects

Billy Marshall Stoneking

Ashley Davies is regarded as one of Australia’s most innovative and finest drummer/songwriters. Throughout a career spanning 2 decades, Davies has covered many miles of rich musical terrain and clocked up a dazzling score of credits to his name.

As one half of Matt Walker and Ashley Davies, he won an ARIA award and opened for the likes of bob Dylan and Patti Smith, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Cruel Sea, Gomez, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The Cowboy Junkies, ZZ Top, Cold Chisel and Junior Brown. As a drummer who is able to adapt to many styles of drumming Davies has recorded, toured, and played live with some of Australia’s great and well-known artists: Jeff Lang, Chris Whitley, The Dingoes (ARIA hall of fame), Lisa Miller, Jim moginie (Midnight Oil), The Waifs, Dave Larkins (Dallas Crane), Chris Wilson and The Crown of Thorns, The Backsliders. As a passionate believer in nurturing fresh talent he’s also recorded with artists just starting to make an impact on the industry: Jordie Lane, Luluc, Abbie Cardwell, Rory Ellis.

As a composer, his music has featured in major Australian films such as Somersault, Australian Rules and the television series The Silence. He has written soundtracks for films by Melbourne filmmaker Bayden Findlay. Mia Dyson and Matt Walker have also performed and recorded songs written by him. In 2001 Davies launched his CD and live road show of Ned Kelly, which he produced with noted historian Ian Jones. This project tells the story of the legendary Australian outlaw and bushranger. The album won the 2001 Best Australian Debut CD in Rhythms Magazine Reader’s Poll. When it premiered at the Apollo Bay Music Festival it played to packed houses and was voted the highlight of the festival by the Melbourne Age newspaper. It has since toured to several Australian festivals including the prestigious Perth International Arts Festival.

With his new solo project Muscle Drum Music Volumes 1 and 2, Ashley Davies comes to the fore as one of this country's great drummer-songwriters. A thrilling rhythmic adventure, Muscle Drum Music was recorded almost entirely by Davies on two drum kits, guitar, and harmonica, with no loops or samples. True solo recordings, written from the drums up and built on their own driving grooves.

contact via  ashleydaviesmusicanddrums.com

October 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Victor Spiegel

Victor Spiegel comes from working in Hollywood and San Francisco. Scored for hundreds of shorts, theater, dance, documentaries, audio tours, games, features, radio and special projects. 

I have a degree in Music Composition from Mills College, and have collaborated with producers and directors around the world. I am here to help make your project the best it can be.

You can call me at 4758 9085. My recording studio is in the Blue Mountains outside of Sydney.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Victor

--

[email protected]

www.vspiegel.com

October 28, 2010 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.